Hello Everyone,
Today was the day that Kaylee removed her feeding tube. We went to the doctor's office at 8:10am and Kaylee pulled out the tube....we took pictures:) Funny the things you celebrate during difficult times. She is also finished with all the medications. She is free!!!
Today was our day to celebrate, so we shopped 'til we dropped. Kaylee got her hair cut, nails done and she was able to spend some of her birthday money on fun stuff.
I have been reflecting over the last few weeks about how all this has affected our lives. The one thing that I continue to come back to, which was spoken to us by several different people is this: God chose us for this task, trial and suffering, and he prepared us beforehand. He knew that Kaylee was strong enough to endure such suffering; He knew that I would be broken in the midst of this storm but that He would build me up stronger then ever before; He knew Ryan would have the patience and love to handle his sister's illness; He knew that David would need to hold all of us together and be the protector and sustainer of our family.
God is sovereign over all things and nothing will ever touch us that has not been ordained by him...good and bad. Someone asked me if I was afraid that God would allow something like this to happen again. Honestly, yes I do have fear...it is my biggest stronghold. BUT, I have been in the deepest darkest place I could have imagined and He was there and I was alright. I think that is what Paul must have felt the first time he was brutally beaten and thrown into prison to die. The darkest places are where the LORD lets you know that you do not need to fear because He is in control and nothing happens to you without His authority.
Thank you for walking this journey with us. It has truly been amazing to see God move and work.
PS: We might get Kaylee to write a book about what she has been through.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment